CV of A.Melih Ulueren, Ambassador
- Born, in 1955, Izmir, Turkey
- 1979: graduated from Political Science Faculty of Ankara University, International Relations Section ;
- 1980-1982 : Assistant Expert at the Treasury`s International Institutions Department;
- 1982 joined Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Served at the following Turkish Consulates /Embassies:
Karachi,Nuremberg;Addis Ababa, Tokyo (as First Secretary);Holy See (Vatican),Baghdad (as Counsellor); Bangkok, Prague (First Counsellor)
At the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ankara:
*From September 1994 to September 1996: First Secretary at the Environment Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ankara, Turkey.
*From July 1999 to September 2001: Head of Environment Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ankara, Turkey:
(i)Participated in the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Conference of Parties negotiations in Berlin ( COP 1), Geneva
(COP 2), Bonn (COP 5) and the Hague (COP 6). Participated in numerous Climate Change Meetings at the UN and the OECD.
(ii)participated in, implemented the bilateral environmental co-operation talks / activities with Greece.
*from 2005 to 2008: Head of Migration Department
from 2008 to February 2010: Deputy Director General for Migration, Asylum and Visa:
- participated in / led the preparation negotiations of the ‘Readmission of Persons’
Agreementwith the European Union
-Elected as a member of European Migration Committee of the European Council (CDMG) for the 2008-2009 period.
-Moderated the OSCE’s “Environment and Migration Session”
* from March 2010 to November 2013, Ambassador to Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi (resident in Kampala)
October 2015-September 2017: Co-ordinator for Turkish Presidency of the 12th Conference of Parties Process of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD-COP12)
July 2018, Turkish Ambassador (designate) to Nigeria
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 13:00 / 14:00 - 17:00
|1/1/2018||1/1/2018||New Year’s Day|
|10/29/2018||10/29/2018||Turkish National Day|
+ 90 312 292 29 29